WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Day in the Patch



Last year Nana (my mom) and I took Samantha to this really fun pumpkin patch near South Bend. Matthew and I wanted to go there this year, but with gas prices we decided to check out our options that were a bit closer to home. We went to Coulter's in Westville, IN. It is a nice family run farm but there are still plenty of fun things to do! Plus we were able to visit my parents afterwards...so that was an added bonus!







I think she had the most fun striking a pose in front of all of the "photo op" places! But there was also a place for face painting (she had the Cubs painted on her cheek), a small corn maze, and of course lots of pumpkins to choose from!

She LOVED this big pumpkin!



When it came time to choose our pumpkins I immediately went to the largest section. I was SO excited to pick the largest pumpkin that Matt could carry! But much to my surprise Sam didn't want anything to do with the big pumpkins. She wanted a small pumpkin so she could carry it herself. She amazes us more and more each day as she begins to make her own choices in life...proving once more to us...that she isn't a baby anymore!




Stayed tuned for adventures in carving our pumpkins! =)

2 comments:

Emma Hamstra said...

I've always driven past that place but never stopped. We'll have to try it next year. Looks like fun!

MamaDuck76 said...

I love County Line, but it's expensive. Next year we'll have to ask you about both places you mentioned.