WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

We have had so many things to be thankful for this year, and we all enjoyed celebrating our many blessings over the last few days.
Sami’s teacher taught a whole unit on Native Americans over the last few weeks. They even had a teepee in their classroom! Sami learned SO much! I’m sure she could tell you all about the Wampanoag people as well as pilgrim life. They ended the unit with a feast. They dressed as Wampanoag and their guests were pilgrims. We had soup, cornbread, and pumpkin pie. They also did a little presentation for us. It was so fun!


We spent Thanksgiving Day at my mom and dads house. We ate, played, and watched the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. It was really nice and relaxing.



A few days ago my friend Karen and I were discussing that we have never gone Black Friday shopping, and we decided we should try it out!!! We left her house shortly after 9 PM Thanksgiving night. We went to Target first. We arrived about 9:50 PM and there was still a line to get in the store because they only let a certain amount of people in at a time. We just laughed and found the whole thing hysterical, and we hopped in line! As we walked in we saw that there were a lot of really great TV's still left. I *almost* got one…even though we don’t need one! I realized I was getting swept up in the hype, and off we went! Ha!

Neither of us had anything we really NEEDED to get which I think added to the fun. We grabbed a few deals on gifts for others, people watched, and stood in line for almost 45 minutes to pay! Ha!!! I was most excited about going to Old Navy! They had some great sales, and I was in desperate need of new (SMALLER) clothes and Karen was such a trooper standing outside in the cold until they let us in the store. We were really cold because we didn't have coats on! Yep...Black Friday newbies! I tried to turn my scarf into a babushka! Ha!

We went to a few more stores, and have decided to make it a yearly trip- with one condition- that we always keep it fun, and remember that no deal is worth getting upset over…it’s just stuff! Winking smile
I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving with your families, and if you’re a Black Friday shopper that you scored some great deals!

No comments: