WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, November 23, 2009

First Feeding





Okay so I haven't been the best with the blog lately...as most of you know Matt is laid off. You would think I would have more time in the day, but really I have less! We usually end up chatting and before I know it half the day is gone!!!



Skylar's doctor said at her 4 month check up that if I thought she was developmentally ready we could try cereal. She seemed to be showing signs of intrest, so on November 3rd we gave it a try!



She had oatmeal cereal first because rice can further complicate her sensitive tummy issues. She REALLY enjoyed it! I'm not sure if you can tell in the photos, but I made it really thin so she was basically having her formula on a spoon but I really wanted to see how she would do with the spoon. She did really great with it! Opened her mouth, and moved the food to the back of her mouth! She was smiling and eager for more and more and more!



She has since decided that food isn't really for her. We have tried feeding it to her at different times, but she prefers bottles. Bottles are what is best for her anyways, so we aren't worried. =) We will just introduce it again when she seems interested. But for now...the photos of her first tastes are pretty cute!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

Hey, I read this & forgot to leave a comment...distracted by a child, I'm sure!

While it stinks that Matt is laid off, it'd nice that you get time to spend together. I'm sure that's fun, especially if you're not around much in the evening.

It's so fun to see a baby's reaction to first foods. I'm glad Skylar enjoyed it...but I'm even more glad that her first "real" food was on Thanskgiving. I'll bet you'll always remember that :)