WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch


(Sami and her friend Ellie on the bus)

Sami's class went on a field trip to Harvest Tyme pumpkin patch on October 20th. It was a really nice day for it!


They had a lot of fun activities for the children. Here they are playing in a sandbox filled with corn! In all of my years teaching I never thought to put corn in my sensory table!



They also had a crooked house!!!! I have loved these houses ever since I saw them featured on "Jon and Kate Plus 8"...but...just google them and you will see why the dream of having one quickly faded! =)



(Sami in the crooked house)

They also had a huge swing set, corn hole games, tractor pedal cars...so much fun! =) They also had this really neat racing game. The children pumped water into a plume type

thing (are you with me????) to make their duck race. It's hard for me to explain, but trust me...it was a hit!





We took a hayride out to the pumpkin patch. Sami was one of the last kids to pick a pumpkin! They were either "too tall" "too bumpy" or yes...even "too orange" =). But she did eventually find one!



They originally planned on painting the pumpkins there. I was pretty happy when they brought out foam pieces to decorate with instead. It's not that I don't enjoy painting, however, trying to take a wet pumpkin home on a bus just didn't sound too fun to me! :/



It was a fun morning, and I am so grateful that I get to go on these little trips!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

So, I should never look at the prices on the Crooked House? I thought they looked so neat on Jon & Kate!

Harvest Tyme looks like a fun field trip. I'm glad you had good weather, rather than standing out there wet or freezing.

Too orange? Too funny! :)