WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Trip to CVS

I've been trying to get better at this whole shopping with coupons business. A few of the girls have gotten really good at shopping at CVS, and many times CVS "pays" them to shop there. I decided to try it out yesterday, and I was pretty successful!
I bought:
3 Revlon Nail Polish for $3.99/each
So I paid $11.97 OOP BUT I got $9 Extra Care Bucks back

So I did another transaction and I got...
Aussie Shampoo $2.49
Aussie Conditioner $2.49
Colgate toothpaste BOGO free $1.59 (with one being free)
Right Guard deodarant $2.99
Aquafreash $1.99
Loreal Face Wash cloths $5.99

My total was $17.54 (before tax)
So I used my $9 ECB
And the following coupons:
Aussie $2 off 2
75 cents off Colgate
Right Guard $1
Aquafresh 50 cents off

So out of pocket I paid $4.29 (before tax!!!)

BUT I also got $9.99 in ECB to use on my next transaction!!!! So...hopefully I work this right next time I can always pay less than $5.00 out of pocket!!!

2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Good job! Doesn't it feel good to save so much money?

I feel bad because I could have saved you a few bucks. I have an unused Loreal face cloths coupon & a Revlon nail polish coupon. Wish I'd offered 'em to you! :(

Kat said...

Aww thanks...but you couldn't have known what I'd be shopping for! :)