WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of Preschool




Sami was a little apprehensive about going to school. They had an open house last week, and she was a bit overwhelmed because all four classes were there plus all of their parents...

We talked about it throughout the week...how much fun it would be...what she would learn...and (of course) we read books about going to school.


This morning I let her help me pick out her snack to take and get her bag all ready. We took a ton of "first day" pictures even though the weather wasn't exactly cooperating!





Right after we took the pictures she wanted to get in the car and leave! It was WAY too early, but I figured she was excited, so why make her wait...so we drove around for a bit. She was singing a song that she had made up about going to preschool. I decided to stop so we could pray together before her first day. I got teary eyed as I prayed just realizing how big she is! I have always wanted to be the type of mom who embrasses the milestones and is happy about them. I am really happy that we decided to go ahead and send her to preschool this year.








She marched right into the school like she owned it! She found her cubby right away, and went right into the room! I was so shocked!!! She was so grown up and mature about it! She just started chatting away with the teachers and kids. I can't wait to fill up the fridge with her papers and artwork!!

6 comments:

Emma Hamstra said...

Yay for Sami!! So glad it went well for the first day! (also glad you figured out the pictures!)

Jennifer Fase said...

She is soooo cute & adorable! Someday when you have another one, you're gonna be so happy you had all this one on one time with Sami. Enjoy it--and, enjoy those Tue & Thur mornings alone, too. What perfect cleaning mornings!

MamaDuck76 said...

Sami looks so cute! I love that you stopped to pray with her before school :)

Kat said...

I wish I could take credit for the praying before school...but I stole the idea from Angie. :)

Anonymous said...

She is soooooo cute. I am going to get those pix copied when you come next week. What an adorable outfit she was in. I think Michelle would like to read this too.
Yeh, for Sami Marching right in.
I don't think I will ever forget her talking to me that night and telling her Daddy, I CANNOT talk with you right now, I am talking on the phone with MY NANA!!!!
She told me she made a picture for me the first day. I am going to put it in her scrapbook along with these pictures.
I can not believe she is this old already!!
Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.