WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Visit to Dr. Pampel

Proudly displaying her new toothbrush and toothpaste!


Patiently waiting for the hygienist...


February is Dental Health month. Sam had been doing a variety of dental health activities at school, and one Tuesday morning a hygienist came to her class. She came home SUPER excited, and begging to go to the dentist! I had known for awhile that it was time to go, but I think I was letting my fear of the dentist cloud my decision to call! =) They actually told me they like to see children for the first time between the age of 2 or 3!!!! Oops!
I called that same day, and she was able to get in the very next afternoon. It was less than 24 hours away, but you would have thought we made her wait 20 years! I have never witnessed anyone be SO excited to go to the dentist!


Taking pictures of her teeth with the "tooth" camera....

Getting all shined up!


She loved every part of it! From picking out her toothbrush...to the actual cleaning...meeting the dentist...and entering her name in the "no cavity club" jar!


This was taken while she was trying to decide what flavor fluoride she wanted. It is in no way staged...that all her! So silly! Behind her you can see her teeth on the computer screen. She did have two small stains. They said since she is a lefty she pays more attention to her left side, so we just have to make sure we do just as good of a job on the right side. =) So no cavities! Whoo hoo!

When we were getting ready to go she kept talking to me about the sucker they were going to use to clean up after her mouth. She had a good time with this little thing! It even had a name...Herman!

Her mouth was actually too small for the fluoride tray, but she insisted on having it...so they crammed it in!

As we were leaving she asked if we could go back to the dentist the next day! Apparently she had a really good time! I told her the next time we go she'll have a little sister to bring with...can't wait!

2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

I love that you were brave enough to take so many pictures during the appointment. It's funny that she was soooo excited about the visit.

I believe you about the unposed pictures. Sami was playing with Jackson & Emma's video table this morning, and she had some of the funniest poses! :)

Emma Hamstra said...

Isn't it so funny how anxious we can get and then they do fine?!? I thought for sure Jackson would be freaked out when he went for the first time but he loved it too. Hopefully it stays that way!!