WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You My....Brown Eyed Girl!!!!!

Sometimes I fall into a blogging trap of just updating milestones. When I started this I wanted it to be a virtual journal that the girls could come back to as they got older because WHO KNOWS when I will have their scrapbooks done!!! Ha!!!!

So...Sami Grace...our little brown eyed girl...today is YOUR day!!!

You have amazed me more and more each day! You are so wise beyond your years!!! We tease that you have an "old soul", but man I LOVE that soul!!!! You wake up every morning singing your little heart out!!! You bring so much joy to my life I am forever grateful to God for sharing you with me!

Your preschool year is coming to a close. You are super excited for Kindergarten!!! You can already count well over 100 and can't wait to be in the "100 club" next year! You have gotten mostly "big suns" (which means you had a good day) throughout the year, and we are so proud of you!!! Recently Nana gave you a book to begin learning to tell time, and you had the "hours" mastered in about 15 minutes!!!!

Ballet seems to be your thing...at least for now! The teacher is impressed with your ability and maturity, and you will be advancing to the next level class! As you already know Mommy did not dance as a child, but they tell me this is pretty awesome as most of the time 2 years of pre-primary ballet are required to advance! It is almost time for your recital and I can't wait to see what you've accomplished!

You love being outside, and would stay out there all day if I let you!!! You just like to explore the yard, pick dandelions, play in the sandbox, and of course...SING!!!!

You are such a kind big sister it always makes me smile! No matter what Skylar wants...even if you had it first you share with her. I'm sure it won't always be that way, but I sure do enjoy it!!!


One of my favorite times with you is right before bedtime. It is usually just you and I...you smell so sweet with your hair all clean and fresh pajamas on. You LOVE books and always try to get me to read you ONE MORE! Sometimes I will lay next to you in your bed and we will play quiet little games like..."can you rhyme" which is basically I say a word and you find a rhyme for it. It is a simple game, but it usually makes us giggle and giggle!!! You are (finally...ha!) starting to say your own prayers, and it is amazing to me to listen to you "talk to Jesus" about your family, friends, and those you care for!!!


I love you...and your brown eyes...and your super high dimples...and your sweet spirit...and your love of music...and...and...and...and.....




2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Oh, there's NOTHING better than bedtime chats, snuggles, and prayers. :)

Congrats on being such a good little ballet dancer, Sami. Wow!

Oh, and her brown eyes are absolutely beautiful!

Emma Hamstra said...

I love my Sami! Great post Kat!