WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, April 13, 2009

Annie




Last Saturday we took Sami to see Annie!!! Matt and I have been looking forward to this experience for her for a couple of months now. It was SOOO hard to keep it a secret, but well worth it! =)




We had to rush around a bit after her soccer game because it was at a theatre in South Bend, and I forgot about the time difference! With my lead foot and the lovely toll road we made it in plenty of time!!!



She loved everything about going. Especially parking in a parking garage! :) She keeps reminding me we were parked on level Red 2!!!



I had never been to a Broadway production before (nor had Sami)...it was SUCH a treat! We had nose bleed seats, but it really didn't matter. We were able to soak it all in, and I really don't think the $5o per ticket for closer seats would have been worth it. It was at the Morris Theatre which is a beautiful old theatre right down town by the river!



I enjoyed watching the musical...however...I most enjoyed watching Sami's reactions to everything. She was amazed at the set changes...lighting...everything! She was singing right along with the songs, and telling me what was going to happen next. :) She was very curious to see if they were going to have a real dog play Sandy. They of course did, and I actually think that was her favorite part!!!!



Souvenirs are always expensive, but we thought it was worth it to get her the program. It came in a neat little backpack, and she will be able to look through it and remember this experience for years to come. We also purchased the soundtrack. We are hoping she will start to learn the correct words to the songs because as of now she makes up her own! :) But...she is always right on pitch...so...I guess we can't complain too much!

No comments: