WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Easter Fun

I had to be at church at 7:30 am on Easter morning. We enjoy the Easter bunny fun at our house, so I was trying to figure out how the bunny could come, and yet I didn't want to miss seeing Sam's reaction to her basket...
Then I remembered that my parents used to hide our Easter baskets! So I hid it in the dryer because I needed somewhere she wouldn't find it by accident. Then I wrote up a letter and scavenger hunt from the bunny. This way she didn't think she was forgotten, but was able to wait until I came home in between services.









She loved her Easter dress this year! My mom bought it a long time ago...I think maybe on a sale after Easter last year! At any rate...Sam was in LOVE with it! In her mind the bigger the dress the better! She had a lot of fun spinning in it, and felt like a princess! =)
With all of the bunny and basket fun we were most happy to celebrate what Easter is really all about by attending church together...really...the best part of the day! =)

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

Sami's Easter dress is just adorable; I don't blame her for loving it! I remember spinning in dresses like that, too.

Hiding her basket in the dryer reminds me of a story that one of the OBs told me when I was pregnant with Alex.

She always wrapped her kids Christmas presents on Christmas Eve, and after she'd pulled out all of the presents (while her husband was out with the kids) she was called in to the hospital for a delivery. She shoved all the presents in the dryer, figuring it was the only place her kids wouldn't look.

The labor/delivery ended up being a long one, so she called her husband at midnight and told him to go open up the dryer & wrap all the presents. She said there were some pretty terribly-wrapped presents that year!

The way she told it is what made it so funny, but she said she learned her lesson about procrastinating :)

I'll bet Sami just LOVED the scavenger hunt - maybe that'll become an annual event with your girls!