WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Locks of Love

Sami has been asking to get her haircut for awhile now. I've been putting it off for a variety of reasons. Mostly because I like long hair...its fun to braid it...put it up...use different clips, etc. However, one day I came to the realization that it is Sami's hair, and if she wants it short then it should be short!



With all of her natural curl its hard to know exactly how long her hair really is. So we decided to straighten it the night before the cut! It was so long and beautiful it made me a little bummed that she was getting it cut, but again...it is her hair! =) Plus the long straight hair made her look a little older than I was prepared for! ;)




Having it straight helped Erica (she cuts both of our hair) determine just how much she was cutting off and more importantly get a straight cut! =)



Erica told her she could donate her hair to http://www.locksoflove.org/ and she was MORE than willing! She thought it was SO neat!!!! She was able to donate 10 inches of hair!









So this is the final result...pretty cute if you ask me! ;)



2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Wow, I can't believe how pretty that long, straight hair is! You're right - it makes her look a lot older. I love the new cute. It's very cute on her!

Kat said...

The other night she asked me to blow dry it when she got out of the bath, so I brushed it straight while I was doing it. It's fun having options =)