WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Counting Down…

I love my little countdown ticker until we are back at Disney World,but I wanted something the whole family could see change everyday.
I thought about making a paper chain, but we are at 259 days as of today…that would be A LOT of strips of paper! Ha! Plus I wanted to make something that could be reused year after year (or however often we go back) so I didn’t feel like I was wasting paper.
This is what I came up with:
002
I think it will be fun to move a Mickey Head each day and watch the number shrink…at least I will enjoy it! He,he!
I have some blogging friends who are GREAT at giving tutorials…I didn’t think to take pictures as I was making it, but it was pretty simple.
1. I used the back of an old picture frame (the glass was cracked) to make the easel part so it would stand up. I used black paper to cover it then cut the cute Mickey paper down 1/4 inch smaller all around and mounted it on the black.
2. The Mickey heads, excited Mickey, numbers and letters were made with my Cricut Expression. I used the Mickey and Friends and Mickey Font cartridges.
3. My calendar can count down from 365 days…well…399 really, but I thought any numbers higher than that would just be cruel to countdown from! So there are 23 Mickey heads and they each have a number from 0-9.
4. I punched holes in the easel and numbers with my Making Memories tool kit. I tried to use a hole punch, but I couldn’t get far enough on the page.
5. The numbers are attached with binder clips.
That’s pretty much it! What do you look forward to and countdown to???

No comments: