WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, January 23, 2011

100 Day Project

Tomorrow is Sami’s 100th day of Kindergarten! They have been counting the days until this fun milestone, and will be celebrating tomorrow in class! As part of the celebration the students were asked to complete a “100 Day Project” to bring in.
The teacher had given a few ideas to get our creative juices flowing- 100 toys cut from magazines and pasted on a poster board, 100 legos built into a creation, 100 sugar cubes made into an igloo….
I asked Sami if she wanted to glue 100 pennies onto a poster that we could make into the shape of a piggy bank. She informed me that sounded “lame”…hmm…well…after I picked myself up off the floor from shock I asked her what SHE thought would be a good project.
“I want it to be about Disney” she said…
Oh BOY! I’ve corrupted her and now she is thinking Disney all of the time!!! She bounced around a few ideas then asked if we could do it together and use the Cricut….
Disney and the Cricut???? That’s my girl!!!!
She came up with the idea to have 100 Mickey balloons that she would be holding! So…we took her picture…
001
And we cut it out and put it on the poster board. I said “How many colors do you want the balloons to be?”
Her reply: “We should just use 10 colors because we can do 10 Mickey’s on each sheet.” I stared at her for a moment…and she said “Ya know…cause 10 by 10 is 100???”
Her little mind amazes me sometimes….
So I taught her how to use the Cricut…and she was off!
She was able to figure out doing all of the Mickey heads, and I helped her with cutting out the castle….
001
Pay no attention to the mess that surrounds her!!! Ha!
002
003004
And the finished product…
006
Happy 100th day of school!!!!!

2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

VERY creative, and I'm so impressed by her math skills! Wow! It turned out really cute, Sami (and Kat). Good job!

Oh, and mess? What mess? :)

The Strand's Traveling Odyssey said...

Very cute!!!! Love the way her mind works :oD