WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Disney Family Movie Night- Mulan

We decided it would be fun for our next movie night to be Mulan.
008
Sami and I started out the evening by making Chinese lanterns. They were simple and fun, but added a fun little touch.
002003
001
Then we wrote our names and little “fortunes” in Mandarin with a chart I found online.
004005
We used these for our next craft. We made fortune cookies using cupcake liners. Sami wanted to make them all night!
006
Of course the perfect meal for this theme was take-out Chinese.
007
We all tried to eat with chopsticks. I must say…Sami was pretty good with them! I think she stuck it out longer than Matt and I! We ate our fortune cookies for dessert, and settled in to watch the movie.
We chose this movie because Sami said she had never watched it!!! I am pretty sure she had, but it is my good friend Cassie’s favorite…and last fall we were on a mission to find Mulan in China at Epcot for a good photo op. I think we were successful…
240
Up next….Lilo and Stitch!

4 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

I love your movie nights! I love the lanterns, and what a great idea to learn a little about another language, too!

We just had our second Disney movie night last Sunday evening. We watched Toy Story and ate popcorn and M&Ms. Impressive, huh? ;)

You're MUCH more creative! :)

Kat said...

You are creative!!! I love all of your Tot School stuff!!! =)

Emma Hamstra said...

I protest this Disney Movie night because you ate Chinese take out without me...... ;)

Kat said...

I'm up for some Chinese take out with you...just tell me when! <3