WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Celebrating Skylar’s 2nd Birthday

Skylar loves the t.v. show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-mostly Minnie Mouse. So it only made sense to throw her a Minnie Mouse party to celebrate her 2nd birthday!
I had some troubles finding a bakery that would accommodate her milk allergy. Most use buttercream frosting, so I understood. I decided I would just make the cupcakes myself! I made devil’s food with red frosting to stick with the black and red theme of Minnie Mouse. Sami had come into the kitchen when I was making them…she was VERY upset that I was making chocolate cupcakes because Sky can not have chocolate. So sweet…no fear they were 100% milk free.
My friend Angie let me borrow these fabulous cupcake holders that I decorated with tulle. I made the cupcake toppers with my Cricut.
069
I also made Mickey head confetti on the Cricut and spread them on the tables. Sami and I made a birthday banner together…I’m not sure how I lived before the Cricut. Winking smile
070
I know treat bags are fun, but who wants more bubbles and stickers?? So I thought just a little treat would be fun. I filled the bags with red and black licorice. The smaller kids got “puffs” Winking smile
071072
Skylar and Sami wore their “Disney” pillowcase dresses that I made for our upcoming trip. Their dolls matched for the day as well.
073
Sami and Sky played and danced a bit while we waited for the guests to arrive…shortly after that Sami changed into a different outfit, so I’m glad we got a few shots of them both in their dresses.
079082
Skylar wasn’t too sure what to think of everyone looking at her and singing to her, but I think she enjoyed it. Sami helped her blow out her candle, and she enjoyed her cupcake!
084085
We followed this up with a few games. Everyone enjoyed playing musical chairs and freeze dance!
087088091093095096097
Then she opened her presents. Everyone gave her such thoughtful and fun gifts!
098103111116117118
It’s hard to say what her favorite gift was because she plays with them all. Her big gifts were a Bitty Baby wagon, and a set of Bitty Twins. The bottom picture on the left is her saying “Two babies Mommy!!! TWO!!!!”
She named her twins (with the help of her sister) “Charlie” (girl baby) and “Spencer” (boy baby). They go almost everywhere with us! She is slowly catching up to her sister in the American Girl department! Ha!
I can’t believe our little gift from God is two years old. She reminds me everyday just how precious life is. Happy 2nd Birthday Skylar! We love you more than you will ever know!

No comments: