WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, July 26, 2010

LaPorte County Fair

DSCN1302

My mom asked the girls and I to go to the LaPorte County fair with her. That is by FAR my most favorite fair so I of course said yes!

We looked at the 4H projects. Sami enjoyed looking at the cake decorating as well as gift wrapping projects.

We looked at all of the animals. It was super hot and humid that evening, so the barns were extra smelly! Ha!

DSCN1303Skylar loves animals!!! She can say “dog”, “cat”, and “duck” but mostly she always says “dog dog”…

When we were looking at the pigs she kept saying “dog dog”…I told her they were pigs and she replied…”Oooooo DOG DOG!” Ha!

DSCN1305They have the cutest little frontier village there! A one room school house, an old post office, blacksmith shop, etc. There was a little area where you could dress up and hand wash laundry, and Sami was ALL about that!

DSCN1309DSCN1311DSCN1314

We walked through a few more buildings, and Sami pointed out this union sign…DSCN1317Who knew she could recognize that? Ha!

 

DSCN1318They had a craft area where you could buy materials to make a souvenir.    She decided she wanted to make a sand art project as well as paint a bank…

DSCN1320

 

DSCN1324

DSCN1322   My mom bought an elephant ear for us all to share. As she was walking with it she was also carrying Skylar. Skylar kept yelling “that” “that” “THAT!!!!” It was so cute!!! She really enjoyed eating it…that is until a few hours later when I realized they are made with milk! Oops!!!! :/

DSCN1323

DSCN1326  Hi Ronald!!!

At the end of the night Sami and I attempted to catch a goldfish in the conservation building. This was my most favorite thing to do as a little girl. I would always enlist the help of my brother John to help me catch one. Sadly we didn’t catch one, but it was fun anyways!

DSCN1328

See you next year county fair!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

Wow, they sure have a lot of fun hands-on things for the kids there! It seems like you're always finding fun things to do as a family!

Love Skylar's cute little words. It's so fun when they start talking, isn't it?