WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Monday, July 19, 2010

Mother’s Day Trip to Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo

I had been wanting to take the girls to the zoo for awhile, and we were waiting on nice weather. Mother’s Day was unseasonably chilly this year, but we went for it anyways! My mom joined us for the day at Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo.

001 Skylar enjoying the scenery

006

009

Sami and Nana making some music

For as chilly as it was that day we all had a really nice time. It wasn’t what I expected from a children’s zoo, but it was the perfect size for us.

010 011

014 Sami petting a snake (eww!)

017 026

Nana with two of her favorite ladies! =)

Skylar most enjoyed the penguins, and Sami’s favorite was the ring tailed lemurs. I would say a close second favorite for Sami was getting her face painted…thanks Nana for that special treat! =)023

025

Skylar’s first train ride!029

This was the first time Skylar hadn’t taken a nap. She was too busy talking to Nana in the backseat on the way there, and wouldn’t give up and go to sleep in the stroller because she was too busy looking at the animals. I finally put her in the mei tai, and she was out like a light!

030

I cherish little outings like this! I hope your Mother’s Day was just as fun and memorable…

No comments: