WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, July 23, 2010

Rubber Duckie…You’re the ONE!!!!

086

When it came time to plan Skylar’s first birthday party…it only seemed fitting to give her a rubber duck party! After all…her nickname is Duckie! =)

I made this tutu for her…complete with a feather tail! And I sewed the button on her onesie to look like a rubber duck.

091 We had her party at the church because there is more room for everyone to be able to have a seat. I decorated the tables with buckets of “duck food” (cheesy chex mix) and my friend Dawn lent me rubber ducks to put everywhere.

087I ordered her smash cake and cupcakes from a local bakery…each duck on the cupcakes looked like they were in their own little pond.

088

She wasn’t too sure about eating the cake at first. She kept giving me this look like “are you sure I can do this mom?”

101“Hmm…this is pretty yummy”

103

106

108

109

We are so thankful for such nice family and friends who made her birthday such a celebration to remember. She got some really nice gifts, and had a lot of fun opening them!

092095

2 comments:

Emma Hamstra said...

My friend Kat knows how to throw a party :) Looks so cute!

MamaDuck76 said...

She's such a little doll, and I love that adorable outfit you made for her. Actually, you had LOTS of cute stuff at her party! You sure kept busy with preparations!

Have I left enough comments today? I read your blog with Google Reader (which doesn't let you comment) while nursing the baby, and then I forget to click over to the "real" blog and leave a comment. Oops! It's catch-up day ;)