WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of First Grade

Sami started First Grade today. When I went in to wake her up she stretched a bit then hopped up to get ready. Most people know she isn’t really a morning person, so she must have been really excited!

She had decided the night before that she wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They were just about ready so we woke up Matt (who is working nights) to have breakfast with her for her first day. If he doesn’t get up with her for a bit in the morning he will not see her at all during the week because school gets out after he has already left.

After breakfast she cleaned up and brushed her teeth. I think she cleaned up pretty nicely…

062063

When I asked her what kind of backpack she wanted this year she had told me “A big girl one!” I had no idea what THAT meant, but upon further investigation she meant a non-character one. I love my L.L. Bean backpack. I have had it for almost 10 years, and it looks the same as the day I got it…well…perhaps a bit dirtier. I asked Matt if it would be silly to get her a “good” backpack and he thought it was a great idea. (He also wanted to buy her a Coach backpack last year! Surprised smile) So I showed her the catalog, and this is what she chose….

059061

So a new backpack with matching lunch box! It is hard to tell in the picture, but her name is also on it.

We had all of her school supplies in it and ready for the first day…boy was it heavy!

064

There have been some changes and growth within our school corporation, so the bus routes changed a bit. Sami’s new stop is right in front of our house! That was a-ok with me! Especially since she is the only one there! She asked Matt to wait with her for the first day. They were so cute chatting with each other!

068

And just like that…she was off! I only cried a little bit knowing this is going to be a great year for her!

070

She came running in the door after school. Super excited about the welcome to school items from her teacher! She gave me no problems going to bed tonight-she was exhausted!

I think 1st grade is going to be fabulous for her!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

First grade. How does this happen? How do sweet baby girls get so BIG?!

Your new backpack is very pretty, Sami! I think you made a good choice!

Did her bus get home crazy-late? Cindy Fabish (1st grade teacher) was telling me that the kids didn't get out of school until 45 minutes after dismissal because of late buses.