WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Indianapolis Children’s Museum

It was the last weekend before school was starting…Matt was going to be off, so we decided we MUST do something! The plan was to go to Indiana Beach, but we woke up to rain. Sad smile

I tossed around the idea of going to Indianapolis to the Children’s Museum. I had let Matt sleep a bit, and with the time difference and two hour drive we were cutting it close to get there….but we made it work.

As soon as we pulled in Sami saw the dinosaur they have on the outside of the building, and she was SO excited!!! “Mom….do you think they have paleontology stuff?!?!”

Much to her delight they did!!!! It was pretty dark in there, so I didn’t get any pictures. She loved reading all of the information they had at each display. She most definitely gets that from Matt! I personally found it to be a snooze fest as did Sky…so she and I just walked around while they learned about meteorites, bones, and uh…other stuff! Winking smile

Sami spotted the archeology exhibit, and she made a bee line. She was listening intently to everything the little videos had to say! “Mom they found all of this in the Dominican Republic!!! Did you find stuff when you were there?” No…I left my excavating tools at home…all 4 trips! Open-mouthed smile

By this point Skylar was seriously bored! I spotted the train room next door, so she and I popped over there. As much as I hate splitting up I hate seeing her miserable and bored even more. Shortly after Sami joined us. The girls had fun checking out all of the train fun!

001002

003004

They have a caboose you can walk through, and it seems like you’re really on a moving train. Skylar loved it! My mom told me it was one of my favorite things when I went there as a little girl as well!

007

Our next stop was the Barbie room! I had heard about it from other friends who have visited the museum, so I was excited to check it out with Sami!

She had a lot of fun being a “Barbie designer”…

009010011

They had some Barbie history which she really didn’t care about, but she thought the outfits were pretty neat. Winking smile

014

They also had a dress up area where the kids could put on some Barbie fashions, and walk on the runway! Sami of course thought that was pretty fun!

015016017018

I could hear Skylar screaming and protesting the Barbie area from across the room! Poor Matt…and poor everyone else within ear shot! So once again…we split up. I took Skylar to get a snack, and Matt and Sami went to “Egypt”. When we met up with them the girls got to participate in an Egyptian ceremony similar to a baby shower. It was very interactive and fun!

022024025028030038

Sami found this display with Kit…one of her American Girl dolls. We both thought that was pretty fun!

039

We ended the day in the science area…well…after the science area we ended in the gift shop! Skylar chose a cow, and Sami chose a Barbie fashion designer art set. It was a fun day.

I wish there had been more things for Skylar’s age, but Sami really enjoyed herself!

2 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

Looks like you had a good day. Did you find the huge toddler room? Alex loved that last summer. It would probably be perfect for Skylar this year!

When we went to see Canaan, Keith & I were talking about trying to get our kids to the museum again. It makes for a long day...I'm thinking we might just have to do a weekend in Indy this fall :)

Kat said...

I have no idea how we missed the toddler room! I don't think we would of had time for it though since we got there so late in the afternoon.

We will have to check it out next time for sure!