WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Saturday, August 6, 2011

More Prep to Visit the Mouse

Most of my posts have been about Disney prep, but to be honest that is all we really have going on over here lately! Matt is working tons, and a very weird shift. I am beginning to forget what his face looks like! Winking smile But knowing we will all be on vacation together for 10 magical days is keeping me going.

We were supposed to go to a wedding today, however, Skylar is sick with a yucky virus. I was really sad and disappointed to miss it. She went to bed pretty early, so I decided to use the night to sew.

I will be the first to admit I was never a huge Winnie the Pooh fan. There was no REAL reason…I just wasn’t that into it. In fact when Sami was a baby I wouldn’t buy her Huggies diapers because they had him on them! Yikes! Last year Skylar fell in love with Pooh and all of his friends which has made me appreciate them all a lot more.

We will be eating at Crystal Palace again this year to visit with Pooh and his friends from The Hundred Acre Wood, so I made the girls dresses to wear while we are there.

002

I really like the classic storybook look of the fabric! In all of my past pillowcase dresses I have used ribbon to make the straps, but this fabric had a cute border that I wanted to use for the straps. I think I like the dresses a lot more with fabric straps.

(Isn’t this cute?)

004

I have Sami’s “Wendy” costume material cut-I just need to sew it all together. I also ordered Matt’s “Captain Hook” costume for the party…it is all coming together!!!

No comments: