WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Harvest Time at Chelburg Farm

Going to Chelburg Farm at Harvest Time is one of my favorite memories from childhood! I love the Lakeshore, and I am so excited to share these experiences with my girls now!

We went to Harvest Time on a Sunday afternoon in September. There are so many historical fun activities to do! Sami had a blast! Skylar slept almost the entire time, but that's what babies do! =)
My mom and sister Marianne were able to meet up with us there, so that made the day even more special!

When we first arrived Matthew had an agenda: FOOD!!!! But then again...I think that is pretty much always #1 on his priority list! Sami and I each bought an ear of sweet corn and we sat down to listen to this gentleman sing folk music while Matt went in search of goodies!






(Licking the butter from her face!)

I think one of my favorite things about this festival is how they make history fun! Sami made a doll from corn husks which she is still playing with! She also really enjoyed washing clothes on the washboard! She was pretty good at it...perhaps I will put her to work at home!
It is neat to see the clothes that they wore around the turn of the century (well...you know...LAST century) as well as the various traditions they had. Samantha is still weirded out by the thought of going outside to use the bathroom! :)
We were all set to watch a sheep be sheered when it started to rain! Luckily we were right by the barn, so they moved the demonstration inside. We were amazed just how FAST they can get it done!
All in all we had a super fun day, and it was a great way to start the fall!


1 comment:

Emma Hamstra said...

That place looks like fun! I've never heard of it. We might have to visit there next year!