WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Off To School!



Samantha has been in school for over a month now, so I suppose it is time to post her "first day" blog. :) It is amazing how easily you can forget how much time a little baby takes up...and blogging just doesn't seem to be high on her priority list!!!! :)


Samantha started school on August 24, 2009. This year she is going to the preschool program at DeMotte Elementary school. To be honest I did not know a lot about the program when I applied (yes...applied!) for her to go there, but it came highly recommended from a few people whose opinions I hold very dear to me. We are THRILLED with the program, and so happy she is there!


The class has so many wonderful aspects I do not even know where to begin! The class has children with special needs, and other children who are there as "peer influences" as well. The program is SO developmentally appropriate I just gleam as I read the weekly plans!


She goes to school four mornings a week. She has learned many songs, sign language, and is starting to read!!!! They take monthly trips to the library (its across the parking lot), weekly visits to the gym, and so much more! She comes home with so many crafts and papers I think we need another refrigerator to display them all!!!! :)


I think this is going to be a great year for her!

2 comments:

Emma Hamstra said...

And the best part is now she and Jackson actually like each other!!! Woohoo!

MamaDuck76 said...

Laughing at Angie's comment ;)

I'm so glad she's loving it. I loved seeing what Seth brought home last year, and hearing him talk about what they did at school. Knowing you (as a preschool teacher) love it only verifies what a great place it is! If we don't homeschool, that looks like an awesome option!