WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, December 31, 2010

My new hobby….

I have been wanting a sewing machine for awhile now. I have no plans to make anything fancy, but there are some simple things that I would like to try. So I used some money I got from Christmas and bought a nice little sewing machine from Wal-Mart.

Okay okay…let me be honest now…I really wanted a sewing machine so I could make the girls cute shirts and dresses for Disney World. Ugh…is there a 12 step program for people like me??? Ha!!!!

I haven’t sewed more than a button since 7th grade sewing class, but with some encouragement from my friend Jen from church I decided to try it out. I bought some fabric today and decided to see what I remembered. Thankfully the machine came with a nice little booklet otherwise I would have been stuck once I got it out of the box!!

This is what I made tonight…

014015

Nothing fancy…just a little cover for my machine. But it got me back into the swing of things! Tomorrow I plan to make one for my Cricut! Once I feel comfortable I will start making fun projects for our Disney trip…wahoo!!!

No comments: