WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Trip to American Girl–Chicago

My mom and I thought it would be fun to take Sami for a special day of shopping at American Girl in Chicago. We took the train in. We always meet my mom at her house first. It is just easier to start the day together. Sami was a little sleepy, but she was so excited to go she didn’t complain at all about getting up so early. Mitchell and his girlfriend Jorden offered to watch Skylar so Sami could have a special day all of her own.
On the agenda was getting Kirsten all fixed up. Kirsten was my doll-so she is pushing 20 years old! I loved her so much, but I loved her from a shelf. I was SO proud to have her I didn’t want her hair messed up or her clothes to get a wrinkle. After our first trip to American Girl when Sami was 4 I gave Kirsten to her. Sami has loved her in a different way. She took her braids out almost immediately. They make the hair for the dolls a lot better now…so poor Kirsten needed a hair appointment! Ha!
Sami chose to get her hair put back the way it was. All of the ladies who worked there kept commenting on how great the doll looked for being an original.
So Kirsten sat down for some pampering…
001003004005006
Sami really enjoyed chatting with the stylist, and she gave her a few tips and pointers on how to take care of her dolls hair. I think she looked pretty cute when she was all fixed up…
007
Speaking of getting fixed up. As you can see in the above picture her right leg is out of socket. Sami and I had been discussing checking her into the hospital. The only downside-it takes awhile to get your doll back. Usually about 3 weeks they said. Sami wasn’t too sure she could handle her doll being away that long, but after seeing the cute hospital down she will come home in she decided she would survive! Ha! So…we checked her in…
011
They all had on white lab coats, and the lady helping us had on a “doctor” name tag. I thought it was pretty cute! So we took of her dress and helped her into her gown.
008009010
By this time it was time for lunch! Sami and Nana had eaten here before, but it was my first time. It was SO fun!
012013014
Sami had brought her “My American Girl” to eat with us. I thought those little chairs for the dolls to sit at the table we SO cute! I bought the girls each one for home…but sadly they don’t fit our table!!! Sad smile 
015
They bring the food out in courses which is always fun. While you wait they have little conversation starters. Nana and Sami had a lot of fun with those…
016017
I asked the family next to us to take a few pictures of us all together…
018019
Then they brought Sami’s favorite-the sticky buns!!!
020
Then it was time to shop!!! Sami was SO good in the store. She didn’t ask for ANYTHING. When Nana and I told her what we each planned on letting her pick out she got a little overwhelmed. It is a big store. She helped pick out an outfit for Skylar’s Bitty and finally decided on some things of her own. On the way out I realized we hadn’t gotten a picture by the star. Man has she grown…I didn’t realize how short her dress had gotten!
021
We walked down to the big Disney Store. We looked around while Nana ran down to the lego store. Then we took a taxi back to the train station. We were very squished with all of our shopping bags, but we made it work!!! Ha!
Poor thing was SO tired, but she never complained. Before we even left the station she had fallen asleep!
022
She has been playing with all of her outfits ever since!

1 comment:

MamaDuck76 said...

One of my second graders invited me to her birthday party at the American Girl store once. Even as a grown-up, I had a great time! I can only imagine the fun of going there with your own little girl. What a special day!