WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Disney Family Movie Night- Finding Nemo

We are on a mission! Not quite like Jake and Elwood….but it does involve movies!!! Ha! I stumbled across the complete list of all movies ever made by Disney recently, and I noticed there are a lot I have never seen! Well…this simply can not be! So I compiled a Disney movie data base (ok it is a recipe box with 3 x 5 cards in it…), and we are working on watching every one! I am also hoping this will keep the Disney magic alive until our next trip…which is planned for a little over 10 months from now….

I couldn’t get over the fact that watching a movie really isn’t family time, so I needed to come up with more. My cards for each movie now include a fun themed meal to go along with the movie as well as an activity for us to do. This could be a game, craft, decorating… I’ve gotten a few ideas from DIS, and will be stretching my creative mind as we go along I’m sure!

This week’s pick: Finding Nemo. This was one of Sami’s favorites when she was really little, so I thought Skylar might enjoy all of the bright colors. We started off the evening by decorating. We used pink paper plates and crepe paper streamers to make jellyfish…

001

On the dinner menu:

Octopus (aka-hotdogs with legs cut into them…)

Anemone with fish (aka-Macaroni and cheese with goldfish crackers)

Jellyfish sandwich for Sky (aka-jelly on bread cut into a fish)

Bruce’s Broccoli/Bananas (because fish are friends-NOT food! Ha!)

Ocean Water Punch (aka-blue kool-aid)

005

My camera was being touchy…the lighting was funky, but everyone was hungry and rather annoyed I was taking pictures of their plates instead of just giving serving them!

006

For our activities while I cleaned up from dinner:

Sami played “Dory’s Memory Game”-which was just memory! Winking smile

Then she made a paper plate Dory…

002

003

Finished product….

004

Then we settled in to watch the movie…with a big huge Nemo…and a little Bruce. Ha!

008

Skylar was not interested AT ALL! But she did enjoy holding Bruce (which is Sami’s) and saying “fish”…she was pretty tired by the time we started the movie after a fun filled sleepover with Nana, so she went to bed and we finished the movie on the floor on a blue blanket “ocean”-Sami’s idea!

Up for next week: Cars

No comments: