WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, November 26, 2010

Disney Family Movie Night- Pocahontas

I planned for us to watch Pocahontas this week so we could have a Thanksgiving theme. I always decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, so I knew I wouldn’t have a lot of time to decorate an “elaborate” movie night.

Our dinner was simple- Thanksgiving leftovers. Matt kept threatening me that he was going to tell Sami the real story of the Pilgrims and the Indians, but he thankfully agreed with me that she is much too little.

(She wore her little Indian head band from her school feast. They earned a feather for every task they could complete. Feathers were awarded for writing their names correctly, tying shoes, knowing their phone number, counting to various denominations. Sami was a proud little Indian as she earned all of her feathers. )

For a craft we made totem poles…

Sami coloring her totem pole faces…

002

Finished product…

003

Then we watched the movie! So…that was our less than thrilling movie night! See…I told you it wasn’t very exciting this week! Ha!

Up next week…..Aristocats

No comments: