WDW Countdown

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Friday, November 5, 2010

Disney World 2010- Day One

We woke up SUPER early on Friday Sept 24th to head to the airport. Up until this point Sami didn’t know we were going! It was so fun surprising her! We woke her up at about 2:45 am (I told you it was early!!) and she was SO sleepy and out of it! She saw the Minnie Mouse shirt with matching headband I had laid out for her, and she said “Are we going to Disney World??” I couldn’t lie…and I wanted her to be excited…so I said “Yes!” Her reaction was a little anticlimactic. She was too tired to be super jump up and down excited, but her smile said it all!

Mitchell (Matt’s brother) met us at our house, and drove us to the bus stop in Highland. I was such a super planner for the trip we already had our passes in hand, so we just had to wait for its arrival.

001

Once we were on the bus we gave Sami her birthday present from us. A Nintendo DSi. It is really fun, and I thought it could keep her entertained on the plane. Up until recently she called her V-Smile a DS, but a few kids at church bring theirs on Wednesday nights so she quickly learned she didn’t have the real deal. She was super excited when she opened it up!

003

We were flying on Air Tran which only flies out of Midway. This was FINE by me. I had already printed our boarding passes, and paid for our luggage (I told you…super planner…) so all we had to do at the first counter was check our bags. The girls’ bag only weighed 11 pounds!

After we got through security(which was a breeze…Sami held her own and took care of her own shoes, etc.!) we ate breakfast at the food court, and Sami ordered an egg sandwich on a crescent! For those of you who know her eating habits-this shocked me, and made me realize she really is growing up! The she shocked me once more. I had bought Dramamine for her to take because she had a little trouble on the plane this summer on the way to Texas. I gave her 2 choices: I could crush it up or she could swallow it. She decided to swallow it! I was shocked!

Before we knew it it was time to board! We were sitting all together (you have to pre pick your seats on Air Tran for $6 each…but it was worth it to not be spread all apart!) with me by the window. Skylar settled in for a nap as soon as we began taxing! I made Sami activity books, and paper dolls to play with…but she slept too! Ha! By 11:00 Florida time we had arrived!

We took the Magical Express to our hotel Disney's All Star Movies. Disney is so magical you don’t have to get your bags when you get to MCO! You just go straight to the bus, and they deliver it to your room!I had checked in online already, so I just had to get our welcome packet. They gave the girls “First Visit” buttons! Sami got a “It’s My Birthday” button as well. We were staying in the Toy Story section…right across from our room we stayed in on our honeymoon. We had a great view of Buzz and Woody! We were surprised our room was ready for us, so we went up there to let Skylar take a nap. I packed our swimming stuff in one of carry-on bags, so Matt and Sami went to check out the pool while Sky and I laid down. Soon there was a knock on the door-our luggage! It woke Skylar up, but thankfully she had been sleeping for awhile. We were feeling rested and ready to hit the parks!

When I think Disney World- I think Magic Kingdom. I had to get Sami there to see that castle! Ha! Sami wanted to ride “the teacups” aka Mad Tea Party, so we headed to Fantasyland.

Matt and Sami enjoying her first tea cup ride. 005

006

Then we went to Toontown and explored Minnie’s House. 007

Sami really wanted to go meet some princesses, so that was next on the list!

008

009

010

Sami kept seeing kids with their faces painted, so I caved and we found where this fun was going on. That’s the magic of Disney… She decided to get a Tinkerbell face…

011

Since she had her face all full of Pixie Dust we decided to head over to see Tinkerbell and her pals…

014

016

018

020

It was about this time that we realized we were rather hungry. So we went to Frontierland to eat at Paco’s Bill’s. It is a fun hamburger quick service restaurant with a huge condiment bar for making your burger super yummy! Thanks Jenni for the suggestion!

We let Sami look at the map while we were eating, and she decided she wanted to go ride Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. I didn’t realize there wasn’t a height requirement for this ride somehow, so Matt and Sami rode it alone. When they got off I convinced them to go on the “people mover” so we could get a good view of the whole area…really I just wanted to ride it because it is one of my favorites! Ha!

021

We hung out in Tomorrowland riding everything until it started to get dark. We were going to skip Main Street Electrical parade, but as we were walking out Sami decided she wanted to stay. I normally would never choose to watch a parade on Main Street…it is WAY too crowded, but since we hadn’t planned on staying we got stuck with where ever we could find an open spot. Sami found a pretty good one..

022

023

024

Then it was back to the resort to SLEEP…tomorrow is a bright new tomorrow…and we want to be refreshed!

No comments: